Job Title: Medical Receptionist
The Medical Receptionist is required to greet, receive and direct cents in a timely manner and perform routine clerical and administrative functions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders daily.
- Answer telephone, take proper messages and manage patients’ enquiries as effectively as possible.
- Book appointments online and by phone for patients according to the availability of Doctor.
- Organise patients file notes/cards and file away when completed.
- Ensure the office is clean and adequately stocked before the start of the Clinic.
- Greet scheduled or unscheduled patients in a welcoming, positive manner and assist or facilitate them to provide any information required before seeing Doctor.
- Ensure patients in the Reception Room are updated on the approximate waiting time.
- Assist the Doctor with office procedures and set up.
- E-mail patients their results in a timely manner.
- Order medication and medical equipment from suppliers upon request from Doctor.
- Sort out invoices and bank deposits promptly as required.
- Maintain and update the Clinic’s database with patients’ records.
Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of office practice and procedures.
Knowledge of filing and preparation of invoices, receipts and bills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively under stress, to prioritize and multi- task within tight deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and maintain confidentiality.